Pages

4/1/11

Summer Stuff!! Victoria's Secret Edition!!

You know I adore womanhood and all the great things she has to offer so here goes!!!
If you know me you know I worked at VS for 3 1/2 years so I love love their stuff I know it's good and I stand behind it.


Anyway I HATE wearing MAC foundation during the summer I love my MAC but it's too much for summer. I went a a quest to find a nice summer foundation because last summer I was indoors all summer so wearing MAC wasn't a big deal. But now I'm outside in 80 degree weather BUT I refuse to have zero coverage... Let's get to the products.

The first thing I tried was Maybelline Fit me, it's advertised to be a light weight non-oil based foundation with matching concealer, powder, blush and bronzer. I read a review for it on popsugar they said it was awesome. (Somebody paid them to say that!!!)
The first day I wore it I used my urban decay primer with the foundation, concealer and the powder but I didn't love the way finish of the powder so I used my MAC mineral powder over it. The finished look was great. Went to class took another picture still no issues. The next day, same thing but this time no MAC powder I just used the powder that came with it. It was about 75 degrees that day and when I got home I looked like someone threw grease on my face!! My skin is combination/oily. I can't wear makeup with oils at all. This make-up says it doesn't have oil but it has something because I tried to wear it again and the same thing happened. From YouTube reviews I realized that once the foundation oxidizes it lets all your natural oils out and for some reason they over produce.


So I went to VS to buy panties. And started playing in makeup. I love cornstarch based primer so I bought the Victoria's Secret PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20. It's light and cornstarch controls my oily nose very well. It's $14 which is average. I wear it over my moisturizer. LOVE IT!




For the Summer I've decided to wear VS Minerals Loose Face Powder SPF 15 & VS Minerals Loose Face Powder SPF 15, they're both $14 and I love them!!. I got both in the deep shade. The moisturizer is really moisturizing. I only use a baby squeeze and it covers my entire face. It's very light and buildable. It doesn't look oily or get caught on my pores which I love. The powder sets on the moisturizer perfectly. One day I wore the powder with primer and no moisturizer it was great. The powder has a little shimmer in it I know some people don't like that but it's perfect for me. At the end of the day I'm never oily which is great.



&&&& This is what I'm sleeping in this summer super comfy and I love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment