Pages

9/28/09

You just got mad?

We tend to die young...


This is Derrion Albert...
Honestly I'm angry... Why is everyone just getting mad? I've been mad forever. I was mad this morning when I found out the lady who was found dead on the side of Canal St was possibly killed by her son. I was mad when I found out that 7 people got shot in one weekend in New Orleans. I was mad when I found out that 2 men killed a 2 year with a baseball bat over $20 and a washing machine. Why have we become so numb to violence? You have to watch someone die to feel bad about it... I have a lump in my throat and I wanna throw up... I didn't even watch the video because that would just make the killers feel "famous".
LOVE!
I'm so tired of talking about problems. Here's the solution we get off our high horses and start talking to kids and telling them that there's more to live. We stop focusing on me and start educating the community. We stop glorifying Scarface & John Gotti. We start teaching the youth that problems can be solved without violence. We teach men that being a man isn't about being a thug or "in dem streets"... We've known the solution for a long time we've just been too selfish to help others...

No comments:

Post a Comment