Pages

11/2/10

Driving around on fumes

There's no substance no structure, they just exist...



I value substance. Things that don't bother other people BOTHER me. I'm not big on wealth as an idea of financial success, I'm big on ideology. Shallow relationships scare me, shallow people scare me. If the only thing you can offer to conversation is what you read on a gossip blog or saw on BET/VH1... I'm easily bored with you.



Everyone who knows me knows how important the political process is to me. It just is. Women were the last people to get the right to vote so I take it BEYOND seriously. I hate it when people give into the ideas of institutionalized racism... People believe things because their grandparents said it and never take the time to research it on their own & this applies to people of all races.

I detest people who take ideas white men implanted into black people during slavery and make them their "own". When someone says "you can't do xyz because you're black" I think NO that's just an excuse not to go for your goals. If you watch Roots or Eyes on the Prize, any slave documentary and see how many ideas and "thoughts" (inception) African Americans have that are based on ideas stemming from slavery you start thinking... hmmm maybe just maybe this idea is holding me back NOT the world.

The Black Panthers implemented free breakfast in schools. It's one of the few things you can attribute to a completely black movement. It probably seemed like nothing at the time but how many free breakfasts did you eat growing up? Life is about doing it. Placing limits on yourself just because your parents & grandparents couldn't is the dumbest shit I ever heard. THEY don't let you do anything YOU do what you want to. Then you'll tell me they killed Huey, he still died a hero! You'll die a wimp because you never even took the leap, you just stayed in your place because "masta" told you to.
Slavery ended and mental imprisonment started. The plantation has been replaced with ideas and limitations. You won't leave the mental plantation to dream bigger dreams. Then you take what they give you & watch what tv tells you to watch and read what they tell you to read. If it's branded as "urban" RUN!!!! SO many people are running on fumes, no fuel, no drive, no substance. Every time I see someone who would rather work at a college than go to college I barf in mouth. Education is what sets us apart from the animals the reason people fought to keep women and minorities out of school for years, yet no one seems to care... They'd rather be crabs in a barrel..

No comments:

Post a Comment