Pages

11/22/09

Men Change?

Sex and the City ruins lives. How can I say that? Well.. I'm a Carrie. I write everything. I'll tell you what I ate for dinner if I have nothing else to write about. I wear my heart on my sleeve & always find a way to take my shirt off in every episode. And no matter what happens my loyalty stays with Mr.Big...


That being said, after watching the series finale of Sex and the City when Big flys to Paris to confess his love for Carrie.. I said "I am NOT gonna wait 10 years for some jackass to realize I'm the one".
I said that, my actions were the exact opposite. If Carrie was a black girl she'd be Bigs "jumpoff". She's the bottom bitch the one that's always there for him, even when she's engaged and he's married. Jump off's don't get married they don't upgrade in status. When do mistress's ever become wives?
So we settle (we mostly meaning me) thinking that one day, one faithful day he'll grow up. He'll realize that I'm the one. Let us follow the show in order, Carrie met Big in her early 30s, he married someone else in her mid 30s, finally realized he loved her in her early 40s & they were married in her mid 40s. They'll probably never have kids where's the happily ever after in waiting 1/2 your life to be with the person you could have been with all along? It makes no sense to me. Why give false hope? If you read the actual book Carrie & Big don't get married but Samantha Jones does... which proves my theory that women who do whatever they wanna do always get married.
Women constantly beg for happy endings when life rarely reaps them. Big changed in his 50s when he's about to die and has nothing better to do. Dwell on that let it sink into your mind. He's almost 60 & now he's ready to be monogamous... in my world that's a get the f-ck outta here.
I'm sorry Biggie, Kim got smart!

1 comment:

  1. You're right If carrie were black she'd be the jumpoff. And they dont upgrade in status, niggas just end up buyin them more shit to keep them "happy" I chased a girl for 3 years hoping she'd realize I was "the one" when all throughout that time she had like 2-3 boyfriends.... I'll never do that shit again, life is too short for all that.

    ReplyDelete