Pages

10/19/09

The Rapper


I'm not good in relationships... I am however one of the best friends you'll ever have or at least that's what the people tell me.

The rapper and I have known each other for about 5 years. We didn't become friends until last year. He loves music. All music. We click. His passion for lyrical genius inspires me to be a better writer. He knows me better than any man. I tell him things I've never told anyone. He knows my real secrets. I love him, it's a real love that would never turn romantic. The passion we have for words and artistic expression is insane. We used to sit on the phone until 4 a.m there was never a dull moment. He says things that not even my educated male friends say. His thought process is incredible. He's not perfect I think I curse him out and hang up on him at least 4 times a week. He hates the Saints... he's eating those words this season! He believes in me and he knows my dreams. My husband is gonna be like the rapper only not a rapper LOL!


The rapper inspired me to write the deepest thing I've ever written... its called Dirt


When I fell from my mother, I was set free flowed with the wind and made a soft landing

Soon slipping below the Earth into my space all the while knowing this wasn't my final place

Amongst the dirt, the roaches and fleas cold, alone never growing

Soon the grass around lost all faith in me, I stayed amongst the dirt, roaches and fleas

Faithless with no vision of growing

Eventually I longed for more, I asked him to help me grow but I was still afraid

To leave that space all the while knowing it wasn't my place

Finally he came down through under the dirt into the misery where I lurked

So pure and clean, he cleansed me leaving behind the flaws

He gave me knowledge & wisdom as he washed the dirt from me

I asked "How can you love me? I live in the dirt with roaches & fleas, you are pure from the sky why nourish me?"

He said "You were meant to grow in ways that you could never believe. Take my water ask no questions you were meant to keep growing"

When I began to grow the flood came

I was afraid of the wind and the rain I begged him to protect me

He said "You have a purpose of this I am certain you were meant to keep growing"

Soon the flood was gone, I couldn't believe my eyes

Unharmed and still growing

His Sun had protected me from up in the sky

As I rose to the surface shock came to me

I wasn't a flower instead a tree

strong and sturdy no flood or wind could disturb me

I am higher now and towards him I'll keep growing



This is the realest I've ever been about anything... I feel naked & it scares me... the end

No comments:

Post a Comment