Pages

1/5/10

Preaching to the Problem

Dear educated negro,
You are the problem. And I'm preaching to the problem.
Love,
Me


I question what happened to this so called "Talented Tenth" over and over again. "We" were supposed to be the ones that lifted up the other 100 million, and somewhere... we fell off. I've been blaming my parents generation forever the 60s babies who were my age in the 80s were straight wack. MY generation is so consumed with self and impressing people that they can't do community service if a cameras not around or in the case of alot of girls I know they're trying real hard to be on line.. #shade! I volunteer & I'm not asking for a cookie, I donate BUT it's NOT enough.
Talking to my best friend yesterday, she expresses her disgust for the Blindside and such. Then I hit her with it.. We rarely argue but she needed to be hit. "We" as the better off, more educated say its a shame but never help. I don't know how many of you saw the Blindside but the whole relationship started because it was cold outside and LeAnn wondered why he didn't have a coat. Me personally if I would have seen that big black fool in shorts and a striped shirt I'd say "he on something its too cold, I mean why else would he have on shorts". I'm not compassionate enough to look at a black kid and see some good. Now I dare you to be honest with yourself, how often do you see the good in people you don't know?? Especially those you view as less than you. The greatest problem we have as the educated "middle class" is that we shun those who look like us but don't act like us.
Everybody wants to be mad at the "white man" when we aren't helping the black man. You talk solutions all day everyday but revolutionary speech is as pointless as virtual masturbation. I'm so tired of talking about what to fix. If you see a kid with no shoes, buy him some. If you see someone who looks down talk to them. The solution isn't a million man march. It's a million men mentoring a boy and teaching him to become a man instead of letting tv raise kids and then complaining about crime.
"We" run from the other kind. I'm not going to the hood. I hate ghetto people. These are all things I say daily weekly monthly. How am I helping? How are you helping?
I believe with my whole heart that Tyler Perry & Spike Lee would make a movie for every single black person who helped a black person outside their family succeed. Tyler Perry will produce anything.. Madea might be in it but hey.. you complained about the Blind Side.

So here's your solution: SHUT THE FUCK UP! Go help the kids down the street with their homework. Guys if you a young kid that you know isn't going the right way, tell him your story show him the way. Ladies, act like ladies and show the next generation of girls that they're more than their bodies. Stop turning away from people who look like you but don't act like you. Stop inviting me to speech on issues, invite me to work on issues. Don't map out a plan for action take action. Jesse Jackson been talking for years he ain't even organize the march at Jena Michael Baisden did. Talk is cheap. GO HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment