Pages

11/13/09

"But I need it..."



In the last few weeks, I've been surrounded by my past. The short verison of the long story is that I've lived more than one life. When I was in high school [& middle school] I thought getting high was cool. I've never really been addicted to anything besides cigarettes. Other than that it was an experiment. I haven't done anything since like 2005 and that was just weed. Drugs make me feel like I can't control myself. I love control. Even when people think I've given them power I promise I'm controling the situation.
On to the story, two weeks ago I got a call from a friend I haven't spoken to in months. She said she needed me. Everyone in my phonebook calls me when somethings wrong. I'm used to it. This is different though, she's addicted. I don't know what to say. I screamed mostly "If you wanna die go slit your wrist it'll happen faster". I love her. But I can't baby grown women. We've had a few classmates and friends die from drug overdoses. It still doesn't click. She says "No matter who dies or how close they are to you, you NEVER think it's gonna happen to you". I understand that it's kinda like how no one ever thinks they'll end up pregnant or with STDs but it happens.
Tonight I get a call from someone I thought I'd never speak to again.. & she needs me... She's addicted. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to be dependent on a substance and feel that I can't wake up without it. But I do know the only way to stop hurting is to address what hurts instead of masking it. I keep saying go to rehab but honestly I'm at a lose for words.
I think this is God's way of telling me I need to help people with addictions...

No comments:

Post a Comment