Pages

8/24/09

Always wear lipstick NEVER get married

In freshmen English I had to read this short story called always wear lipstick, never get married. It made me think harder than I cared to at the time but at 19 I decided to stop being the girl who needs a guy. My only goal was to be the best friend, sister, daughter ever [maybe I should have wanted to be a good student might have a degree]. I was the BEST FRIEND I've ever been I was always there when people needed me. I partied my lil ass off and I wasn't worried about anything. Then Jessi moved away and twin got a boyfriend. When your drinking buddies leave you have 2 choices drink alone [did that] or get my drinking buddies [did that too]. In meeting new drinking buddies I started to meet guys. That's when I met he who shall remain nameless. Nameless was the best/worst thing ever he was a bum, he was kinda cute, he was always broke but he was lovable kinda. We "messed" for about a year. I wrecked my car rushing back to school to see him. God gives you signs when things aren't right. I had no desire to marry this guy or be with him forever it was just fun or so I thought. Til my next epiphany came... you can't fuck with guys you couldn't have a kid for. I wasn't pregnant but I was scared as fuck, every girls had that scare she didn't want. The thought of having a kid with loser boy was enough to make me never speak to him again.
The point of this random pointless story is this as long as I wasn't focused on men my life was awesome but as soon as I got "bored" and let that loser into my life I had headaches and issues and problems... fuck all that I wanted fun

1 comment:

  1. As a former Summer Scholar I have to know.......did/do we really have that reputation???

    ReplyDelete