Pages

8/28/09

No, you're wrong

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to change your mind or make you see anything the way I see it I'm simply telling you how I feel and if you can't handle that I really don't care. This is my opinion.

Recently I've had conversations with different people about religion. I don't believe in religion, I believe in spirituality. Religion divides people and tells people they're right and everyone else is wrong. If the basis of all religion is love and we all essentially worship the same spirit of love and forgiveness, how can anyone be right or wrong. My dad is pastor, my uncles a pastor and my other uncle is a minister. Therefore my perception of everything is different.

Cult Church:
Once I visited this church and I hated it. The people I went with said I was being too critical but when I got home and told nameless where I'd gone to church he said "That's a cult". When I explained to my daddy what had gone on at the church he said "Nah, baby dat don't sound right". And my uncle the pastor said "When they control your mind it's easier for them to scam you out of money." My uncle [the pastor] is hilarious he thinks 99% of church's scare you into coming and take all your money; while the pastor lives in a million dollar house the congregation don't have a pot to piss in- not a direct quote but real close. Piper told me a story last week that shocked me. Her co-worker goes to cult church story is as follows:
Cult Girl: How's your relationship with God? [The bible NEVER said to question peoples faith it said spread the good news 1st thing I didn't like]
Piper: I believe and I go to church.
Cult Girl: What church do you go to?
Piper: our church [you don't need to know all that]
Cult Girl: I go to Cult church, have you ever been there?
Piper: Yes, a long time ago but it's not my style.
The conversation continues with Cult Girl basically saying if you don't go to Cult Church you're going to hell. I can't tell you whose going to hell no human alive can.

I condemn you to hell church:
Two years ago a friend of mine died and at his funeral the pastor started telling everybody about why they were going to hell; At a funeral! When I told my daddy about said "that's how those people are, that's what they do". I am not a fan of condemn you to hell church or condemn you to hell people. No one is perfect. God forgives. If God is the most forgiving and loving being ever why would he constantly condemn everyone to hell? Doesn't really make sense huh?

"You should live how I live":
People all kinds of people "find God" and then try to influence you to find the same God they found. I happen to think God is something different for everyone because no one ever has the same experience with anything. When I started going to church again I asked people to come with me. I didn't condemn those who didn't and I didn't judge those who did. It's not my or anyone elses place to judge. That's what drives me. May those without sin cast the first stone... I'm waiting... throw it... that's right YOU CAN'T! I have friends of all different religions I've never tried to make them see it my way. I respect other people's religion it's just how I rock. If you live life everyday to your full potential and do right by people, what's so wrong? I curse... oh well where is it in the 10 commandments that I shouldn't say that shit stinks? But you shouldn't lie and say you're living for God when you're scamming people and lying about your actions to others to seem more Godly... [observation not judgement] I sin. I'm not perfect I don't even try to be perfect. I don't sin on purpose most times but sometime I know what I'm doing and I do it anyway. So why can't everyone else be real enough to say that?

To witness is to live by example stop trying to convince people to join the club you make the club look soooooooo horrific.

These have been the opinions of the one and only MOI. If you don't like it theres a box at the top of the screen click X!

No comments:

Post a Comment