Pages

7/30/09

Apathy = me

Before the election I had cable. I also had this strong passion for change. Post election I'd say December 10th. I on't care. In my mind the President been black all my life... I don't feel that strong call to change the world anymore. It's pityful.
I do wanna help people. I do wanna teach a kid to read and motivate kids to go to college. I wrote an 8 pg paper in my social work class last year about how LSU should give college credit for students to go to the bottom and mentor kids. I'd love to take an hour out of my day to go to a hood school and tell little girls there are way more career options than video hoe and reality show baby mama.
I started losing my thunder and getting caught in all that me shit. Now I'm in recovery trying to get back to square one. It's the reality tv, makes me wanna have a house and a car and flippy weave and not worry about all the people starving and struggling. I disgust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment